Sunday, March 14, 2010

She's a Dancing Queen


Aah, young love. It's so downright cute!

I never thought I'd be so happy for my sister. I thought I was going to look down on her first boyfriend and scowl at the thought of him being with my younger sibling... but no. I can't help but grin every time I see something between the two, and feel like giving her a hand on the shoulder and a small push when she's unsure or shy. She's actually quite mature for her age. Yes, she's very much a drama queen and her attitude outbursts make up for my the lack of my own. She doesn't know yet who she is, or what she's doing with her life... but she's getting there. She really has a neat personality, and she's willing to help do whatever it takes to see the boy she likes again. Something that's not so different from myself. I really see a lot of me in her, and yet... we're two completely and utterly different people. I'm really proud right now to say she's my sister. I'm happy she's there with me, and I'm glad I can be there for her too. It's times like these that make me smile and thank the heavens that they gave me a sister that I could share something like this with. It's a simple thing, that has brought us together like no other in the past 13 years. I hope I can be her friend, her sister, someone she can look up to and someone she can share silly secrets with and laugh. And if you ever read this, Maya, Never forget that I will always be here for you.

I love ya, sis.

1 comment:

Maya said...

<3 Aw, Lily! Every time I read this I start to cry. You're such an awesome sister, and I'm so happy that I have you in my life. I do look up to you, and I'm glad that we're friends and not like the sisters that pull each other's hair out. XD. Thank you so much for putting up with me, and don't forget I love you too, and I got your back if you ever need help with ANYTHING.
~Love, Maya