Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Names

What's with this world? There's a girl named Noah and a boy named Dana. A girl named Lily and a boy named Christopher... Oh wait, that's not what I was talking about, was it? :P
There's another girl named Jacob, and a boy named Autumn. It's all so weird. Like, the gender 'name' doesn't matter anymore. If you were expecting a boy and you came up with the name Robert, and it turns out to be a girl... well by golly name the poor girl Robert! "Hey Bob! Come play barbies with us!" *shudders* Don't get me wrong... I like the fact that people are going more out there and naming kids whatever they want even if it goes against society. BUT... there's an invisible line that you just don't cross, and that's one of them. There's a few exceptions, such as "Morgan" and "Sam" and "Tyler" (When I was living in Colorado, I was about 6 or so and was riding my bike outside my house, when this girl across the street from me starts riding also, and she asks me my name and I say "Lily, what's yours?" and she answers with "Tyler". I frowned and thought for a second, and then said "Isn't Tyler a boy's name??" Haha. I remember that. It was so funny, we ended up being really good friends.)
Anyways. Back to the subject... OH! And if you want to name your kid a name with a specific meaning (ie: moon), don't name her Luna (moon in spanish) because then she'll be nicknamed Loony. Get my drift? I mean... Unless you're into that, of course.

So, moral of the story, don't ask me my opinion on what to name your kids unless you want a very blunt answer.

No comments: