Yes, I'm talking about those medieval torturous devices that women wear now a days... ¬¬ I'm not kidding about the torture part either... Stiletto heels are named after the stiletto dagger, which is a short knife or dagger with a long slender blade primarily used as a stabbing weapon. Its narrow shape, ending in a rigid pointed end, allows it to penetrate deeply...o_o
So, why do women wear heels? 'Cause they're willing to inflict pain on themselves to make their butts look bigger... (Stilettos give the optical illusion of a longer, slimmer leg, a smaller foot, and a greater overall height. They also alter the wearer's posture and gait, flexing the calf muscles, and making the bust and buttocks more prominent.) Or maybe it's 'cause they're short and ... they don't live in Mexico.
Reasons against wearing high-heels, which are almost exclusively health and practicality reasons:
- they can cause foot pain
- they can create foot deformities
- they can cause an unsteady gait
- they can shorten the wearer's stride
- they can render the wearer unable to run
- altered forces at the knee caused by walking in high-heels may predispose to degenerative changes in the knee joint
- Women who wear high heels frequently have a higher incidence of degenerative joint disease of the knees. This is because they cause a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot which puts more rotation stress on the knee
- they change the angle of the foot with respect to the lower leg, which accentuates the appearance of calves
- they change the wearer's posture, requiring a more upright carriage and altering the gait in what is considered a seductive fashion
- they make the wearer appear taller
- they make the legs appear longer
- they make the arches of the feet higher and better defined
- they make the lower leg muscles more defined
- they make the gluteus maximus (... butt...) more defined
- they may improve the tone of a woman's pelvic floor.
*sigh* I hate heels... ¬¬ There's just some that're so pretty >.< But I gotta start wearing them more often so that my feet don't hurt so much after wards.
Leave the field and leave the fire,
Find the flame of your desire.
Set your heart on this far shore,
and sing your dream to me once more.
Now the time has come to leave,
Keep the flame and still believe.
Know that love with shine through darkness,
One bright star to light the way.