Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dale a tu Cuerpo Alegria Macarena


Hm... I really don't have a whole lot to talk about. I went to this "50's, 60's and 70's" fund raiser for one of the orphanages nearby. It was funny because my Mom thought it was a costume party, and we get there and no one else is in costume... later we found out that costumes were optional, I guess we're just so much more fun than other people. Also, my siblings, myself and a friend of mine were the only kids there. And by kids I mean under 35 or so. It was rad. We're so much fun. We danced... and at one point they were having a hula-hoop contest, and they had the macarena. My friend was the only one from our 'group' that was doing the hula hoop so I got up there and started dancing. Soon (about 5 minutes later) almost every single lady (an an occasional man) in the entire place was doing the Macarena. I felt like I started a rebellion or something. It was neat... lol.
Also, the pants of my costume were really long (Oh, it was such a fun costume...) so I had to wear heels. I was literally dancing for about 2 or 3 hours straight... it makes me pretty satisfied to be able to dance like that in heels. So it's interesting... Hm... I'm feeling very much like a girl. But that's okay, 'cause I am one xD.
The origin of the hula hoop is unknown o.O

No comments: