Friday, October 21, 2011

Growing up

Growing up isn't easy, man. I always thought I had gotten through the hard stuff when I was 12. But no... I had no idea what was coming my way. Months of effort and sleepless nights put into university and scholarship applications. Long, thankless hours working at a job for a little extra cash or to save up for something special. Painful head aches and aching backs as I scrunch over a piece of paper with numbers 2 years ago I didn't even know existed. Not to mention the eye-rolling, heart pulsing, rage inducing drama related subjects that twitter and facebook only enable. High school is like living in a house full of puppies. You can't pay attention to them all at the same time, or keep them all satisfied, but you have to get to work and live your own life. And then you see a puppy you hadn't even known you had.
Life is good. It has it's ups and downs but in the end you may be a little bruised and scraped but you're alive, and you're happy. At least you will be, one day. Once you've patched up those cuts, stopped the bleeding and cleaned them out. You'll be able to get back on your feet, and keep running. For what? No one knows. No one needs to know, they just need something to run for. Someone to run for.

I don't know why I'm running. But I know for who, I'm running for me. I want this, I want to have everything I dreamed of. When I trip and mess something up, I want to be able to take a deep breath of the cool air, look up at the sky with the bright sun in my eyes, smile... and keep running.



I don't apologize for the cliché-ness of this song.

No comments: