Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm Smellin' Coffee

And so... I didn't think I would continue this blog, seeing as it wasn't a very high priority and I found more faith in my own handwriting on pages of a notebook. Bah. But, after two close friends mentioning to me that they were reading my blog and wanted me to continue... well, here I am. I'll give it a try; I did enjoy it when it turned out to be a nice blog... heh.

A couple days ago, I woke up in a really good mood. It was strange, because that doesn't happen to me often. Many school friends or people in general mention to me that they'll wake up many times a week in a good mood... but I am normally not able to fully understanding how that is, seeing as it doesn't tend to happen with me. Usually I'll wake up and whatever I do in the next two hours defines my mood. If I wake up, go outside... realize how absolutely magnificent the sun looks shining over the lake, how wonderful the fragrance in the air is, due to a rain shower the night before. And after just standing there for a couple minutes, enjoying it, I'll go inside and I smell coffee, and I hear the chatter of my family and my dad's music. All of this puts me in a good mood. I'll get a cup of coffee; I'll sit down for a while with my Mom, who at this point will most likely be working on her computer in the living room. I'll sit, and if she has nothing to tell me, I'll stand up and depending on the availability of the computer I'll use it or not. All of this combined will put me in a good, tranquil mood.

Aah! Next scenario: I wake up to my cell phone ringing; a close friend of mine is calling for whatever reason. This puts me in a great mood... as long as the news that this friend wants to tell me is good news, hehe.

BUT... if I wake up, and I don't want to get up, so I got back to sleep... and then abruptly awaken once again an hour later and realize I'm going to be late for school... I jump up, get dressed, do my hair, do whatever else that is needed to be done that morning and run out the door to catch the bus, or ask my Dad pretty please.... usually, this doesn't put me in that great of a mood unless we stop at an OXXO or 7/11 for some coffee. Yes, most of my mornings consist of a cup of coffee... at least it's not more than one, right?... right...??

I'm not sure why I'm talking about my mornings. Let’s see... this morning I woke up early, due to some homework I still need to get done. I go upstairs to hear my Mom talking with some strange guy I do not recognize about the paint job she wants done in the house. I then circle around in the kitchen a couple times to see where they put the coffee pot this time. This morning, there was some hot coffee left, it made me happy. So, I got a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal and got on the laptop to find a couple emails... yes, not just one, a couple.... emails from some really close friends I hadn't heard from in a while. Aaah... so, here I am. In a good mood already and I haven't even stepped out of the door. I suppose what this whole 'good mood in the morning' is a very subconscious/conscious (I'm not sure which) decision. You'd think after finding this out that I would want to make every morning a good one, right? Well, that's not so. And it's not pure laziness... it's also the fact that if every morning was a good one, then we wouldn't appreciate them now, would we? There has to be a bad egg in every batch of good ones so we can appreciate them more. Aaah... Yes, I suppose that's it. It's also laziness... hehe.





No comments: