Saturday, October 17, 2009

This is How You Spell, "HAHAHA, We Destroyed the Hopes and Dreams of a Generation of Faux-Romantics"

Ever heard of the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat"? Yeah well, it's true. Oh and the one that goes "The truth hurts"? That one's true too. Damn it. Why, oh tell me WHY do I tend to have such a curious character? Why is it that whenever I see any open notebook or piece of paper I feel like there is a lasso that's pulling me to go towards it to read whatever random musings have been written down. I've never regretted it as much as I do now.

*hits head painfully on desk* Gugh... Alright, well, I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but my parents are getting separated. I was told about a month and a half ago, completely out of the blue. I had no idea. My parents (literally) seemed to be the 'perfect couple'. This isn't just the daughters point of view either, I've talked to some friends of my parents and some of my friends and they were astonished as well. Since this piece of news seemed so unreal to me, I didn't really take it seriously. Sure, the first day or so I was gloomy and felt like I'd break down sobbing any minute... but after that I just couldn't get it in my head. I thought that there was no way that they would be able to get separated. I though, this will only be temporary. It won't go through... well, now I'm thinking differently. I stumbled across my Mothers work notebook and was just flipping through it (me and my curious self...) when I found about 5 pages talking about the separation and my father and other men and... ugh... just, things that I really didn't need to know. Yes, I suppose it's sort of a wake up call, but it doesn't make it any less bitter or painful.

*massages temples* Well, damnit all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. Don't feel alone. But then again, you have written the same thing to me on my blog. I have also 'found' some interesting things about my parents. Its not safe to keep feelings inside, so it's good to have a good cry now and again (and some chocolate)