Friday, October 15, 2010

This Is The World That We Live In

It's taken me a while to make a blogpost... simply because I want it to be absolutely fantastic, and not just some random post of mine that I do because I'm bored. I've actually gotten two posts already started, but didn't have enough motivation to finish them. The first was about a few books that I really recommend and the other one was... about something else, but I can't remember. It's not important.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that all the kids my age now a days want to do either one (or all) of three things all the time: Get drunk, smoke, or get sexy with someone else. Be it their boyfriend/girlfriend or some random person they found when they got drunk and high. It's really disappointing. There's so much more to life than that...

I got in trouble the other day at work. A lady that I sell jewelry to came into the café and told me she had a bunch of stones and jewelry that she could give me if I wanted, but that I had to go over and get them now because she was leaving. I went up to my boss who was attending a table (the only couple in, since it was nearing closing time) and once he was done talking with them, I asked him if I could go. I saw him hesitate, and then he told me to be quick about it.
I got back about 15 minutes later, and the place had been cleared away and picked up, and I could tell my boss was upset. I felt really bad, and didn't know how to address the situation, so I didn't. Which I suppose was a good thing, because the next day he told me that he was thinking about it the night before, and he realized that I am only sixteen. I mean... I'm good at what I do, but I still have a lot to learn. Once he told me that, he explained to me what I should have done, and how the way I went by doing all of that really affected everyone, including the customers.
The thing is, even though he said he forgave and wasn't upset anymore... I still feel guilty and bad. And like now I have to walk on eggshells because any little thing I do is just going to spoil it even more. But I suppose it'll all work itself out. The sad part is that I'm getting kinda tired of working there, and I've only been there two months. Ahh well, I'll figure it out.

You know what is strange? I have talked to quite a few people (briefly) about my relationship with Chris, and I've come to notice that young people, and older people are the only ones who truly understand. Beats me why this is, but I have talked with kids my own age, and a few of them can relate, and they all really understand what I'm going through. And I've talked to older people (above 40-ish) and they too are very knowledgeable and ask me all about it. But then there's the ones in the middle... The early twenties to late thirties... They laugh, and scoff at me when I tell them I'm in a long distance relationship. They look at me like I'm crazy, and they just laugh like I'm the biggest joke. What's with that? How are younger and older people the ones who really get it?

Hmm... we still have three of Ruby's puppies. We need to find homes for them... Anyone want a puppy?? They're adorable, seriously. The cutest and smartest things you've ever seen. I (L) them.

No comments: