Monday, October 11, 2010

An Idea



So I have this idea... and I need your help. I need a new hobby, and I have to projects in mind. The first one actually wasn't my idea, but my boss shared his thought of making a book about the little cute stories everyone has to tell about their pets. Anyways, that's a different thing all together. MY idea, my own project, is that I'm going to be making a web comic of sorts, one of those one-panel-a-day stories that each one has not much to do with the last. Or maybe it will have a storyline... I still haven't really figured it out. But the background will be a stage of a theater, with all the red curtain drapes and pretty-ness, and the characters will be theater masks. You know, the 'happy-sad' masks? Well, it will be those but in all other different expressions and portraying their own personality to go with that expression. Kind of like the seven dwarves and their "Happy", "Grumpy", "Dopey". something like that, anyways.

I need your help with, first of all, the story line. Do you think there should be one? Or should it just be random things that have to do with acting and theater and such, or should each random thing follow some sort of plot line and idea? I really don't know. I don't even know what I'm going to do it about, but I think that if I really stick with this, it could be a lot of fun. I also don't know of I should do it by hand: Like, I cut out a stage background from construction paper and all the masks also with their expressions drawn on, and then I'd create the panel, take a picture of it, and upload it. Or if I should do it on the computer, and create a background in photoshop or something and use the same faces and just draw different expressions on them. The thing with the latter, is that I really don't know how to draw on the computer. I mean, I know photoshop pretty well, but I don't really know if I could draw something that doesn't end up looking like something a kindergardener did.

So anyways, those are my dilemmas. What do you think?

1 comment:

Mik said...

I like this idea! I feel like you should definitely incorporate some theater lore. You should look into the superstitions of old theater and portray them with the masks you draw. Doing it my hand would make it easier for you to manipulate and come out with what you want. Work with what you know, and you won't go wrong. However, maybe as you go along, you could start learning to draw on photo shop.

I iz excited for this. Bring it on ^^