Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I loved you all along

So... life is good. Christmas is coming up, I'm honestly not looking forward to it. I don't know why, but I've never really enjoyed Christmas... It's so... weird. I mean, why the heck do you sit around a decorated, dead tree with lights on it and eat candy out of socks? I just don't understand. I wonder where the whole idea of celebrating Christmas in that manner came from... I should look it up. I mean, I understand that we have it because it's Christ's "Birthday" and I know we give gifts because the three kinds gave him gifts... but still! Where did the tree and stockings come from? Saint Nick? Hah. Right...

Well, I've recently returned from a wonderful time in a couple states over. My high school supports 'internationality' (although at the moment it's only nationally)... I was asked a couple weeks ago to go to a Jesuit institute in a different state, to represent my school. Of course I willingly agreed, I love traveling. In the time that I was there, I accomplished many things: Volley ball tournaments, ecology projects... I also participated in a play that my class put on. But the very best time that I had was visiting the city. The very center of the center of it... was just... remarkable. Absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. The entire city was very elegant. There was next to no contamination nor pollution (which is amazing for a city), the highways and streets were laid out perfectly, to where the traffic flowed very liberally. And an abundance of absolutely beautiful, elaborately carved and well-maintained buildings and churches of architectural splendor. I took approximately a million and two pictures. =).

Two of my favourite churches.


← Walking along the street.

No comments: