Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Midnight December

Alas! Christmas has overcome us all, now hasn't it? We have survived once again this blasted wintry holiday, although I have to admit, I had a very good time. I will not bore you with the list of all my wonderful gifts this year, for I am unable to even begin to express my gratitude and happiness with just words.
I find it quite ironic, how it all works out for me during the Christmas season. I am stressed to my max everyday right up until the 25th. But on that day, in the end, it seems worth all of the stress and lack of sleep. I am glad that is the way it ends up being. I'd much rather it be in that manner than in any other. I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday also.
Alright, enough about the previous holiday... let's talk about the upcoming one: New years. Wow. What a holiday. Heh. It's got to be exhilarating sometimes to think that you've been alive for yet another entire year. It's beautiful really. As you get older, you may begin to think that this year may be your last... and in the end, to realize that you lived one more. One of the best gifts, if you ask me.
One of my best friends is hosting a new years eve party. Man, that's going to be one heck of a party. Not only do I get to spend an entire night with all of my greatest friends, but I also get to (finally) meet a very important person to me. Suffice it to say, I'm really looking forward to it.

Hey you
Have you felt like this before?
You got style but ain't got soul
Are you happy now?
Are you happy, tonight?
Or did Punk Rock get it right?
Is there no future in sight?
Oh is it different now? Is it different?

Heh, "Where are you" by Our Lady Peace. It's a really GOOD song. One of my favourites. I'll leave ya with that one.

No comments: