Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Sea is a Good Place to Think of the Future

Wow... I don't think I've ever met that many people from the same place in one sitting. And the place... aah, take a wild guess... *cough*.

YEP! Halifax. Nova Scotia, actually. Seriously though! Two out of three people I talked to were either from Nova Scotia, lived there, went to school there, or have relatives that did at least one of the forementioned things. It's insane. Maybe it's a sign xD

No, but in all seriousness, everyone I talked to just went on about almost the exact same things- How it's such a beautiful city, and the people are lovely... very much like they are here, but it gets really cold and it's very fishy. They would ask me where I'm planning on going to university, and when I mention Dalhousie, they'd get this :0 face, and then go on about how it's one of the best schools in Canada and that's super awesome that I'm trying something new. Then I'd tell them that I want to go into Medical, and that if I did go to Dalhousie I'd be moving in with my boyfriend and would be getting a job... and I swear everyone was like "Oh that sounds like such a fantastic opportunity! But... what would your Mom do without you?"

Yeah that's pretty much my only concern at this point. But my spirits have never been lifted on such a specific subject in such a short time in... well, ever! It was super amazing and it made me happy. Now I just have to convince my Mom, and train Maya and Noah to take over my spot as the "responsible adult" in the family... *snort*

I'm so excited... this might actually work. And I've decided that the way I'm going to make sufficient funds to at least start college, will be by asking two or three couples/people I know down here that are fairly wealthy to sponsor me in my first years, and that once I've got my life on track and have all kinds of money from the medical system that I'd (of course) pay them back.  So, that's my plan. I just need to get the actual facts as in money wise and such. Also... this isn't set in stone. But the more I think about it and the more I talk to people the more I like the idea xD

Heh. I guess things are shaping up... slowly, but surely.

“The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created--created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.”

3 comments:

Maya said...

I'm so glad that your path is becoming so clear! I seriously think this is the best thing for you right now.
And yes, you're gonna have to train us xD
I'm proud of you, sis.

Ked said...

Wow, I just talked to someone yesterday that said he wanted to go to Canada to study and so I told him that I have a friend that does too and he was like "What part of Canada?" and I was like "Halifax" and he was like :O really??? me too" and I was like IT'S a SIGN!! Because I read your last blog but I didn't comment because I wasn't sure, I mean I wouldn't want you to go so far away and all but whatever.. I hope that you find out what it is that you really want and that above all you search God's heart and His will for you. I love you Lil!!

Thingsleftunsaid said...

I don't know how to sum things up better than this- The future looks bright darling.