Thursday, November 4, 2010

We Are Family... Get Up Everybody And See.

So y'know what I've come to realize lately? How important it is for my siblings to have someone at their backs, holding them up and together. Someone that they can truly look up to and help them through all their tangles. I never noticed how much they depend on me for certain things until now... and I do my best to help them. There's always going to be times when I snap at them or don't want to have anything to do with them... but at the end of the day, they are my siblings, and I love them very much.

I woke up today, and found a cup of coffee on the stairs with a note saying "A magical cup of coffee, all ready to go :)" from my brother. I smiled, and muttered "I have the coolest brother" before going upstairs. But now, all morning I've been trying to figure out why he did that. I mean, what did I do that would make him want to do something for me? Rarely does he ever do anything for me... or so I thought. And then I started thinking even more and I realized, every day Noah does something or says something nice to me. Then I began thinking about Maya... and I realized that, although it's not as often or as noticeable, she does do things or acts towards me in a kind and considerate way. I hope that this is something that I do for them too. I hope that at the end of the day, when they think back on it they can remember at least one good thing that I was able to do for them.

I want to be a big sister that they can lean on, and they can rely on. I want to be someone that is their friend... who they can talk to about anything... I want to be a big sister who when we all grow up and go our seperate ways... every now and then they think about me and wish I was there. And a sister who they still keep in touch with throughout all the twists and turns in life.

I know they can be all of that and even more for me.

2 comments:

Mik said...

This is a wonderful post to read. Noah can be really sweet, and Maya can be too. You're all really lucky to have each other. I'm sure that you all depend on each other evenly in your own ways. This was really touching. =)

Ked said...

Aww, yeah, your siblings are truly awesome.. you all are like a family to me too and I feel so thankful that I have you in my life
(and that's a reeealy cute picture!)
:D