Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's my life.

I really hate how people are so easily influenced. And how people think that they need to act a certain way to be liked. To be popular, to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. I honestly find it so frustrating. I would rather be friends with the biggest geek in the world, who is truly their own person, than the prettiest, most popular person who is completely fake and full of themselves.

They simply tire me. I don't want to put up with their lies and fake masks. It makes me so sad, when I see a friend who was such an incredible person... very unique, genuine, full of happiness... who then allows other people to completely turn their life around. They begin to party, smoke, drink. They think that by making out with someone they don't even know for an hour that it will ease all their worries and they'll have the time of their lives. Well, guess what? Whoever told you that, is a big, fat, liar. And I will prove it to you. Talk to me, and I will help you. I promise. I feel like I'm truly my own person. I don't care what other people think of me. Yes, I like to hear what their opinions are, and I'll listen. But I'm not going to change just because they say "you're boring and you should party more."  Screw them. I'm going to live how I want to live. I'm going to party how I want to party, and I'm going to love how I want to love.

And if you have a problem with that, go stuff cockroaches into your ear because I couldn't care less.

VS                                         

2 comments:

Maya said...

Haha, go Lily! Very true indeed. All that was very interesting. And I feel I know who you're talking about about this... But yeah, I like that post.

Mik said...

Amen