Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day Late Friend

Well... here I am again. And I'm afraid this time I won't be telling you about anything nearly as optimistic as a carnival night.
My best friend moved. She... left me. Well, I shouldn't say it like that, it sounds much uglier than it really is. She just had to go to college. There wasn't any way around it. And this is life. I'm perfectly aware of it, and I know that it happens everywhere and to almost everyone. But that doesn't make me feel any better about it. She was just... my best friend. She knew me better than I knew myself sometimes. I could always go to her, no matter what. I knew that somehow, she'd help me through whatever was going on. She'd always be at my side. And now... even though I still know she is, it's just not the same. I'm going to miss her so much. It still hasn't really hit me that she's gone. But I can guarantee you that when it does... it's going to hurt.
There's so much more I want to write. But at the moment, the words are simply falling out of my grasp. I can't think of how to continue this note, so I guess I'll just stop here.
I'll climb my way out of this hole somehow. I always do.
-Simply, me.

No comments: